Re: Fitts Law

On Di, 2011-04-12 at 21:48 +0800, Kevin Liao wrote:
> However, Unity's implementation of the Global Menu is that it becomes
> a menu when it is hovered over. Doesn't this mean that Fitts Law is
> rendered invalid because the user is in a sense "blind" until the
> mouse hovers over the menu?

I don't have a link, but somewhere on the blogs or in a bug report I
read a comment (I think by Mark himself), that actually the idea is for
the menu to become gradually more visible when the mouse approaches it -
like Notif-OSD bubbles in reverse. Apparently there are currently
problems with X not playing nice. I assume that this is still intended
to be implemented in the future.