Re: Fitts Law

> I don't have a link, but somewhere on the blogs or in a bug report I
> read a comment (I think by Mark himself), that actually the idea is for
> the menu to become gradually more visible when the mouse approaches it -
> like Notif-OSD bubbles in reverse.

I like this approach as long as there isn't too much 'visual noise'.

IMHO - Global menu bar and the new overlay scrollbar have (right now)
the same UX problem:
1. MOVE cursor to desired area
2. »identify target« & MOVE cursor to it
3. interaction

In the end you move your mouse twice before your able to interact (click).
This its a real UX problem because you have often to preform this 'aiming task'.

The fade-in approaches could work for the global menu bar. But I see
difficulties to solve the problem for the overlay scrollbar because
they are not visible enough while aiming (compare to the old
scrollbar).

Just some thoughts
Thibaut