Improving the display of icons in the Applications window

First of all, sorry for not knowing the right name of this window, I just
know it as "the one that shows up when the Ubuntu button is clicked".

I've thought of three points in which this window can be improved:

1) When using the Applications lens looking for an internet application for
example: if the application I'm looking for is not included in the first 6
shown, I must click again to get to it. But seeing that there is unused
space, why can't the Installed section be already expanded to 12
applications when I open it? Take a look: http://i.imgur.com/4IgH8.png

And this is the way I think it should be right when I open it:
http://i.imgur.com/2kN3d.png

2) The second point is in the way the applications are ordered. As can be
seen on the previous screenshots cited, they are currently ordered
alphabetically. Has ordering them by frequency of use been considered as an
alternative or would changing the icon's positions over time break the
muscle memory of going to the old icon position?

3) If the user chooses to maximize this window, why isn't this choice kept
for all the next times he opens it?
--
Caio Alonso

Follow ups