Re: 11.04 Comboboxes

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In both Ambiance and Radiance, I see no difference in appearance or
> behavior between the Power Management Preferences "When laptop lid is
> closed" menu, the CCSM Unity "Hide Launcher" menu, and the Software
> Sources "Download from" and "Show new distribution releases" menus. If
> you still see a difference, perhaps you could publish a screencast
> somewhere demonstrating it?

My best guess is this: if you click and hold for a short amount of
time (maybe 1/4 second?) without moving your mouse at all, the box
will stay shown, perhaps giving the impression that the box does not
accept click-hold-release choices. However, moving your mouse in that
time makes it accept the input, as does waiting a longer period of
time before releasing the mouse. I can make any of those combo boxes
behave differently by changing my behaviour subtly - and for someone
who isn't intending to differ their behaviour subtly, the nature of
the boxes could seem chaotic or buggy.

Can you confirm or deny that theory, Johnathan? If I'm way off the
mark, a screencast would help.
Ryan