Re: Idea for improving visibility of running applications

"More options that change the most fundamental and basic functionality of
Unity?
I strongly disagree this approach is the way forward. The objectively
best solution should be default. The only goal of Unity should be to
come as close to that as humanly possible. That's why I also don't go
into CCSM. On this list I'm only talking about the OOTB experience.
Options are nice where they make sense but they should never be used
as an excuse to introduce a half-baked to broken solutions "because
you can change them anyway."

Seriously aren't you understanding what we've been talking about? Most of us
agree on that the current implementation is working fine for the default
Ubuntu installation but Ubuntu is very open when it comes to configuration
and it is one of it's strength's. That's why users can easily change icon
sets and for some icon sets the default way of showing running applications
isn't clear enough and that is why we want an option to turn on the fading
of inactive icons when the launcher is hovered to easily see what's running.
Since so many users are customizing the Ubuntu desktop I think it's vital to
have the Launcher versatile so that it works for as many people as possible.
Please refer to the mockup I linked to earlier and take a look on how it
looks with the Faenza icon pack.