Re: close instances of an application from the overview in unity

Le mercredi 04 mai 2011 à 12:02 -0400, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a écrit :
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM, cyrildz <cyrildz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > if we clic on the icon of the concerned application, Unity shows us an
> > overview of all this application's instances. We could use this overview
> > feature and add a close button on top of each instance so we could
> > directly close the instances we no more need. this way is better and
> > user friendly.
>
> I don't know how anyone is supposed to discover this, but you can
> already close application windows from the overview. Try clicking one
> with your middle mouse button.
>
> - Andrew SB

I already know this option, but it has many issues :
1- we have to enable scale-addons from CCSM , not all people are aware
of that.

2- it is very buggy. my unity crashed because of it.

3- It is far from intuitif. new users could not know that
you can middle clic on it for closing the instance.

With a close button on top of each instance from the overview anyone can
figure out that we can just close what  we want from here, so it is more
user friendly.