Re: Unity Dash Ideas

1. It can be used to launch another instance/window of an application.
The launcher doesn't have the ability to open a new window (yet?).
Perhaps this should be added to quicklists.

4. I fully agree categories (sections in lenses) need easier access
and need to be more visible. I'm not sure if your solution is the best
though, since it takes up quite a lot of space. Perhaps a horizontal
bar below the search bar would be best. However, with a horizontal bar
you might have problems with lenses with a lot of sections. Not sure
how that would be handled.