Re: Ubuntu welcome center

The thing with the help application is that it isn't very good looking.
Ubuntu's new direction with Unity is to bring good design and good code.
Instead of looking like a web page I want an application that looks more
native. The help application is really good at providing help when you need
it but it isn't giving the tour like experience new users could benefit of.
A step by step program which guides through the user through Unity and the
rest of Ubuntu. Then at the end there could be a button saying, "Do you need
more help, open the help application".

I think the main difference between the two applications is that the help
application sorts topics by category while Ubuntu tour will provide a first
time user guide, step by step. Today people find these guides on the
internet in different blog posts. Do you agree on that they satisfies
different needs? The tour is a first time user guide and in the help
application you search for what you need help with?