Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

I've been begging for this particular change too.

It makes more sense since vertical space is only an issue when you want it
(ie. when you maximize windows), so un-maximized windows have no use for the
global menu since, if they're un-maximized, they don't need the extra
vertical space to render properly.

Also, I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect application-devs to make
their applications global-menu compatible. I can see how maximized windows
getting stripped of their titlebar is relatively easy to implement in Unity
without requiring dev's to change their apps (if maximized, then...), but
making the standalone windows behave in this way must require some change in
the application itself.