Re: Fwd: Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 02:03, anthropornis <anthropornis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Except that OOTB, no mouse I've ever seen on any Linux system is configured with acceleration that works well, much less *that* well.  *Especially* not on multi-monitor situations, where the menu to the app you're using could well be on a different *screen* - which is the biggest reason, in my eyes, that the global menu idea fails.
> "It's not that the UI is built wrong, its just that your mouse is configured poorly" isn't the right answer.

On multi-monitor setups, a menu bar appears on each screen. It falls a
little short on the implementation details, but at least your concern
is addressed by this.

I've maxed out my mouse acceleration settings, which gives me the
ability to move from edge to edge in one movement. The default for
this needs to be reevaluated.

--
Remco