Alt Tab User Experience

The current alt tab function in ubuntu is quote broken. Minimized windows
show as blurry, ugly icons and have no thumbnail. I know this is a known
issue, but something needs to be done about this if ubuntu wants a polished
user friendly experience. Such a basic function cannot be broken like this.

I have recently used both gnome 3 and kde4 and they both do not have this
issue, and have an acceptable alt tabbing experience.

Looking at gnome-shell's alt tab is an example of this done right. It
helpfully groups programs, has high resolution icons, and thumbnails that
work properly.

Follow ups