Re: Alt Tab User Experience

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Brandon Watkins <bwat47@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The current alt tab function in ubuntu is quote broken. Minimized windows
> show as blurry, ugly icons and have no thumbnail. I know this is a known
> issue, but something needs to be done about this if ubuntu wants a polished
> user friendly experience. Such a basic function cannot be broken like this.

Right.

The reason for this is because applications don't provide high
resolution thumbnails in their _NET_WM_ICON property. So we have to
use the low-res one. I believe that KDE 4 applications provide hi-res
icons, and GNOME 3 actually matches the .desktop file to the
application. This is something that compiz might do in the future (at
least through an external plugin).