Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

 2011/5/26 Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx>
> The biggest benefit I see, is the calmness it brings to my work
> environment.

That's funny :) It's the exact opposite for me. I like having the top of the
screen free since my eyes most often scan the top part of the screen. A top
panel/global menu is always there to provide information. With the default
Windows taskbar I'm never distracted of it, but when a top panel is there
I'm always fed with some kind of information in the periphery. It would be
easier to describe the situation by picturing yourself standing in a cabin
on a mountain, gazing out the window on the landscape (top panel situation).
Compared to standing on the cabins balcony and only leaning on the railing
and having nothing but the sky above your head.

Do you understand what I mean? It feels kind off crowded.