Oneiric customization

Hi,

I would like to know what customization options will Oneiric have for the
average users by default, as

   - gnome-appearance-properties does not seem to be present in gnome 3 and
   gnome control center, so switching themes and wallpapers seems impossible
   (although we have a wallpaper contest for Oneiric, but what for if the
   average users will have the default background unless the copy some files or
   edit some config files manually - or he/she maybe could use the Image
   Viewer's set as wallpaper function, if that won't be affected by the gnome3
   transition)
   - changing the screensaver is not possible neither, as a screensaver
   configuration tool is not present (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/808512)
   and a blueprint is available targeted for alpha 3, but the progress is
   unclear there (
   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-screensaver)

I'm not talking here about Unity-only customization options, but the ones
affecting the general look of the system (selecting one of the two official
Ubuntu themes, ambiance or radiance, selecting another font/font size, maybe
icon theme).

I know that there is the ubuntu power users initiative for personalizing
ubuntu, but we/they don't have a fully functional app for personalizing
ubuntu AFAIK, which is included in the official repositories.

I also know about gnome-tweak-tool, but that seems to be focusing on
gnome-shell, AFAIK.

Regards,
Robert

Follow ups