Re: Oneiric customization

On 15 July 2011 04:01, Roth Robert <evfool@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> gnome-appearance-properties does not seem to be present in gnome 3 and gnome
> control center, so switching themes and wallpapers seems impossible
> (although we have a wallpaper contest for Oneiric, but what for if the
> average users will have the default background unless the copy some files or
> edit some config files manually - or he/she maybe could use the Image
> Viewer's set as wallpaper function, if that won't be affected by the gnome3
> transition)

Hi, just one correction. Changing the wallpaper is not hard in Gnome
3. Just open System Settings and Background should be the first
option. (Off topic, I really like how the built-in search is smart
enough to know synonyms: typing in wallpaper still gives you the
Background control panel applet.)

Jeremy Bicha