Re: New Alt-Tab

First of all, I'm no programmer.  Second of all, I'm probably missing
something.  Third of all, how about making "Toggles" the Backlight Mode
default?  That way, it will be clear on first sight what alt-tab
selections there are, especially if it only cycles through open
programs.  The white highlight used when keyboard focus is on the bar
could be used (as well as showing the program window).

An alternative would be to use the Scale plugin, in effect adding extra
keyboard controls.  Alt-Tab would scale all windows and cycle through
them; to show which window is highlighted, use Zoom Window and Window
Title from the Scale Addons plugin.  This has the advantage of avoiding
extra UI items or re-arranging the launcher bar while being somewhat
intuitive.  The problems would be how this would work on low-spec
computers, and the work that would need to be done with Compiz (e.g.
changing the behaviour of bindings, adding new functions, making Scale
arrange windows in order of recent use &c.).