New Dash Design

First of all, I would like to say job well done to the folks who made this
new design. It removes the clutter from the launcher, and adds the blur that
makes the dash so much more readable.

However, I am concerned by the decision to change the dash and panel to
match the color of the desktop. I am using unity 3d with the Radiance theme.
My background is the one with the cherry on it. When I click on the dash, my
panel turns a dark red which makes the dark panel icons and text look ugly,
especially since they have a white shadow to add the "inset" feel.

Furthermore, with a light background image, I am concerned that the white
text on the dash will be too low contrast.

I see no need for using the background color, since a low transperancy with
blur would given the dash the color of the background anyway (and would need
less calculations, wouldn't it?).

If we want it to be more customizable, I would suggest using the colors of
the gtk theme for the background and text. This would allow themes to blend
the dash with the panel, while still allowing the use of light panels and
darker background.

These are just some of my experiences after using it.

Other than that, everything looks great! I love the new light themes too.

Thanks again for all the great work. 11.10 is going to be great.