Re: Changing Icon themes in Oneiric

On Aug 29, 2011, at 3:55 AM, Mahdee Jameel <mahdee.jameel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Currently there is no way to change icon themes in oneiric. Is there any plan to add back icon theme changing to appearance preferences? At least a basic drop down like the theme changer would be much appreciated.
> While we're at it, the old theme/icon changer dialog was much much better, with instant previews, and the ability to drag/drop theme packs. It looks like gnome is reluctant to add that back. In that case, Is there any way the old functionality can be added back?

I had these same concerns. To make matters worse, if you open appearance preferences, it reverts the icons you have currently set to the icons the theme recommends. I reported a bug on this, and got a response. So I believe that the reverting problem will be fixed. If we're lucky, we might even get a option to choose in the appearance dialog.