Re: Software center icon needs designers minds, and new humanity desktop methafor.

By people, I mean "Human Beings" of all levels of computer literacy and
backgrounds, which is precisely Ubuntu's target demographic.

The point I was trying to make is that there was a time that people were
unfamiliar with the idea of a shopping bag icon being used to represent a
place to get both paid and free apps. At one point, everyone had to learn to
use their Android phone. The metaphor worked in this case, so I believe that
it would work in this case as well. It's not copying a successful model,
it's taking something that users are either A) familiar with or B) will pick
up on quickly.