Re: "Ubuntu" Applications

Scott, I apologize for cc'ing you.

A HIG would promote consistency - consistency is best for the user, because (just to pick one example)  if Nautilus has its preferences pane stored under "Edit > Preferences", then all applications should have them stored under "Edit > Preferences", and not "Tools > Preferences" or "View > Preferences" or something else.

It's all about consistency. The way it is right now, we are "consistently inconsistent".

Cheers,
James Gifford
http://jamesrgifford.com