Re: Re-design applications to fit with the global menu

On the Gnome whiteboard page it lists as a disadvantage of menu buttons "Could be difficult to find a consistent location for these in windows".

I disagree. To me the logical placement of an app menu button is between the window control buttons (maximize, et al) and the window title, in the window title bar (whether that title bar is rendered in the traditional manner, or merged to a horizontal panel in Unity).