Re: Session management in the dash

This is all just wrong. Why are the logout, shut down, restart controls needed in Dash? Why repeat the same functionality that's already there in the power-cog? It just adds clutter, nothing more. If a keyboard shortcut is sought after, then the Alt-F4 dialog should be improved instead. Having to activate Dash, type "shu" and press return is not a "short"-cut anyway... Plus, from what I saw in OMG Ubuntu, if you type "logout", the first entry is restart?!? So, if you press return after that... I think it's a useless repetition of functionality but if you really want to have this in Dash, please at least implement it right. Session management actions are not applications. A new Lens called "Session Management" or "Session" should be implemented with "Restart", "Logout", "Shutdown", "Suspend", and "Hibernate". Plus, searches for other common terms should direct to logical items. E.g. "halt","shut", "quit", or "exit" should bring shutdown, "reboot" should bring restart, "sleep" should bring suspend, "logoff" should bring logout, etc. Searching for "session" should bring all of them. Of course, with a new lens, these could (should) be mouse-clicked too.

Eylem