Online accounts: how useful are they really?

Guys, just loving Oneiric.

However, something popped up in my mind: how useful is the "online accounts"
feature? I know in Gnome 3 google account brings gcalendar events to the
calendar, sets up chat, brings contacts and e-mails (I don't think it
presently does anything to documents. It didn't, in my case).

However, when I used it at Ubuntu, it did... Nothing. It didn't
automatically set up chat for me. It didn't bring calendar events to the
calendar, it didn't do anything with the documents, and it didn't set up
thunderbird (I decided to use it as backup, and when I ran it for the first
time, still had to set up gmail on my own).

Just thinking, cause... It might be a little misleading for the user to wait
for it to actually do something, when it just sits there being pretty. I
don't know.
*
Peterson*
*http://petercast.net*