Re: What's up with all the non-resizable windows?

> But they still aren't resizeable. The Open/Save dialogs are a great
> example. And I've never seen a resizable installer window in Windows.

They ARE resizable, that's what that MSDN article is talking about!  I just
tested Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, MS Word and Notepad - all of them
have resizable Open/Save dialogs. On WinXP they were not resizable. On
Vista/Win7 they were made resizable.

Please try it if you don't trust me or MSDN.

I don't get your point about installer windows. On Ubuntu *all* installer
windows are resizable with the sole exception of a single one: ubiquity (or
however the livecd installer is). This is a problem, because this window
contains information that is *not* visible on a default installation.

IIRC, ubiquity actually *was* resizable in previous versions (up to 10.04, I
think?), and this problem didn't exist. One simple and logical solution
would be to make it resizable again - but this is actually a much smaller
issue than system settings.

I'd still love to hear one good explanation why I cannot resize system
settings to fit my screen.