Re: Ayatana dev list - attitude

You're absolutely right. But I think we miss the point here; of course I was enraged that Unity panel doesn't minimize windows after clicking on application's launcher and by the big ugly fonts in Ubuntu. Of course I had to live with it and have no problem right now. But I would for sure change it if I had a choice (I've already changed system fonts to 10pt because of their childish look). What I'm trying to say is that there's lack of system setting panel that allows changing font settings and Unity behaviour (one-click minimize - if I have 10 apps open and I want to minimize 8, I need 1-2 seconds and 8 clicks to minimize them; with current behaviour I have to click on the window to focus it, move the mouse to the to to minimize it and so on, so it takes about 15-20 seconds). The same with fonts; because the fonts are so big, they look ugly (gray anti-alias pixels around them making them look very nice but a lot less readable - kills contrast, and they look simply childish), they don't match fonts in Firefox (websites usually use a lot smaller fonts) and the whole system seems cluttered. Right now I have to play with dconf or install gnome-tweak-tool which install a lot of dependencies (along with GNOME Shell). This is just a suggestion you could make things more configurable.