Re: reduce the font and ui size!

2011/10/18 Tomasz Sałaciński <tsalacinski@xxxxxxxxx>

> The text scaling factor setting is highly undesireable. Neighter Mozilla
> apps or QT apps are respecting it. So with this change you'll get
> smaller/bigger fonts on the desktop, but Skype, Guitar Pro and Firefox will
> remain intact. This will make user to search "changing Firefox font size in
> Ubuntu" and lead to zero results. I think I should remove text scaling
> factor from my app.

I think that resolve the problem with the text-scaling-factor is not
suitable like "remove the setting for don't have any problem". If you allow
me the expression, that's coward.

If Firefox, Skype, Guitar Pro, whatever app don't respect the default font
size for the system is the main error on that apps and Ubuntu would enforce
to use the global setting or custom setting for the app. That's is a
expected behaviour for the common user.

Settings are needed, if you remove each setting when you find a
design/programmer problem we find a spartan Ubuntu for the incoming years
that it forget the main reason for the desktop that is customization.