Re: reduce the font and ui size!

Dear All,

I forgot to give my screenshot, the windows font and ui size in my opinion
is better than ubuntu as you may look in the attached.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

/charles
everytime i get ahead, i feel more dead.

2011/10/20 Tomasz Sałaciński <tsalacinski@xxxxxxxxx>

> They are *slightly* harder to read because they're very small (9pt). Ubuntu
> should use Ubuntu 10, not 11. Remember, that such huge font makes working on
> smaller screens very annoying (no window will fit the screen, or will force
> user to scroll/move windows), working on bigger screen makes fonts very,
> very big.
>
> W dniu 2011-10-20 16:34, Ian Santopietro pisze:
>
>> The letters in the Segoe example run together, and in My opinion are a
>> bit harder to read than the Ubuntu example. In addition to this, they
>> look clearer because of improper hinting settings, which detracts from
>> the visual appearance of the characters and also makes them harder to
>> read.
>>
>> 2011/10/20 Tomasz Sałaciński<tsalacinski@gmail.**com<tsalacinski@xxxxxxxxx>
>> >:
>>
>>> I've created such a comparsion.
>>>
>>> First label shows default monospace font in Windows and in Ubuntu
>>> (gedit).
>>>
>>> Second label (Setup is loading...) shows Windows interface font (setup
>>> program) compared to Ubuntu interface font (made in Glade).
>>>
>>> See how much Windows fonts are clearer and take a lot less space than
>>> Ubuntu
>>> fonts. 90% of computer users in the world don't have any problem with
>>> size
>>> that Windows uses (I think they spent a lot more money on research what
>>> font
>>> size they should be using) - let's say 10% of them change the size of the
>>> font. It still leaves 80% of world computer users satisfied (maybe more,
>>> not
>>> counting Macs) with the font we see in Windows. Even with a lot less
>>> userbase MORE Ubuntu users are complaining about font size.
>>>
>>> Imagine when reading a source code file in gedit you have to scroll every
>>> few lines.. then you have to find where you've left reading. It hurts
>>> your
>>> eyes and makes using of computer a simple pain in the backside.
>>>
>>> Of coure - Ubuntu 11 looks fancy. But users will do more than looking at
>>> the
>>> screenshots. If they see that the system is useless except for listening