Re: reduce the font and ui size!

Hi charles ;)

2011/10/21 charlesalva@xxxxxxxxx <charlesalva@xxxxxxxxx>

> Dear All,
>
> I forgot to give my screenshot, the windows font and ui size in my opinion
> is better than ubuntu as you may look in the attached.
>

> Hope this helps.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> /charles

i think we're running the danger of getting lost in a bikeshed-like
discussion here..
as mpt pointed out already, the problem with scaling is rather that not all
UI elements will scale along.

Trying out GNOME Shell again yesterday i noticed that i could work easily
from double the distance i usually have to my monitor.
The only interface elements that didn't scale up along with the text and the
indicator-icons were the ON|OFF toggles in e.g. Network Manager's indicator
menu.

More than a bikeshed would be to set up the DE in a scalable way, scalable
meaning visual scaling, so that you can have larger font, buttons, previews
and controls in general, in order to recognize everything easily even at a
high resolution and at greater distance from the monitor. This has both
health advantages and would be very forthcoming for a11y folks.