Re: New design: Opening applications and documents automatically at login

I know ideas like this have been discussed before, but what about
implementing a stack based system (like Android) that would keep running and
recently used apps in RAM, or making more aggressive use of the Linux disk
cache? Possibly an option to load an app into the cache upon logging in (or
after a delay). That way, the app is ready to start, but doesn't slow down
the system by using the CPU.