Re: semi-transparent indicator menus

I think they need to make unity more themeable so theme's like the one you propose can be made.

- ikt

----- Original Message -----
From: "frederik nnaji" <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Matt Richardson" <m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, 30 October, 2011 8:31:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] semi-transparent indicator menus

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:17, Matt Richardson < m.richardson.1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

I love this idea so I did some mockups:

Desktop
Dash
Window Theme
Indicator Menu

I recommend downloading the attachments and viewing them fullscreen to get a real idea.
The window theme and the indicator menu are not transparent, but I don't think they need to be either. In this particular case transparency adds graphical requirement without achieving a great deal IMHO. I think that an opaque theme which dynamically matches the background colour would work just as well.

Thoughts?

fake transparency is what this method has been called for long.
I still prefer some alpha, perhaps with blur..