Re: buttons in file browser

On 02/11/2011 11:14, anthropornis wrote:
> Or I could click one button one time. That is the essence of simplicity.

You could say that for every commonly used feature there is.

I don't frequently change views, for example, but I frequently change between
showing hidden files and not. I also create new folders much more frequently
than I switch views, and the same can be said about changing the arrangement of
items.

By your logic, we would have three new buttons for each view, a toggle "Show
hidden files" button, perhaps a menu for changing the sorting order of items and
a create new folder button in the toolbar, or elsewhere not in the menu.

The result would be a beautifully cluttered interface. You can't have
everything, and you can't fully please everyone.

Incidentally, all of the mentioned actions, except changing sorting order, have
keyboard shortcuts for them, which are clearly indicated beside their entries in
the menu. I really don't see a problem with the current solution.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin