Re: option to disable Unity launcher

I suspected that. Naturally, at least 98% of Canonical's new target demographic(s) is quite capable of editing the source.

Certainly, if I had the know-how, I could just go create my own OS from scratch, build my own mobo from scratch, etc. This is Ubuntu, not Arch, and yes, everyone knows they can do everything themselves, whether it's their operating system, or changing their oil.

In other words, Jo-Erlend Schinstad had nothing constructive to add. Why do people post such unhelpful things so routinely on this list? It seems to be perhaps one quarter (yes, that is wild guess made up on the spot) of all replies on any thread on this list, usually by the same individuals over and over. If you have nothing helpful to say, why bother posting? Snarkiness doesn't fix anything (certainly not bug #1) and just makes it a chore to follow this mailing list, particularly when the same people serially state "install something else" as if that never occurred to people critiquing their pet pieces of software. It gets tiresome after awhile.