Re: Shut Down in Dash and with Key-Combination

On 11/16/2011 02:13 AM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 21:24, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:isantop@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Why do we need to optimize the ability to shutdown anyway? As a
    rule, you'll only do it once per session, and it's not like it's
    hard to access as it is now.

There are many things that are not done often, and the goal is that at the end of the day you won't do anything more than once, because the computer already understands the context of what you are attempting to initiate, and complements your gestures with the desired context intelligently.

This is a wrong understanding of reality.
It implies the ability an automaton to see the future.
This is not an ability,
recognized as characteristic of any known thing in our small corner of space-time.

Please don't let your zeal to win an argument,
push you from the rational to the emotional.
It is already hard enough to have a useful discussion with this many diverse people.

positioning a rarely used element correctly for once is a key solution, which will lead the way for the positioning of other such rarely used elements. and Shutdown, as rarely as it will be used, should be accessible. I would feel very uncomfortable, if i didn't know where to find that "Power button" immediately.