Re: Shut Down in Dash and with Key-Combination

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 18:07, Michael J Daniel <
michael.j.daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
> On 11/16/2011 02:13 AM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 21:24, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Why do we need to optimize the ability to shutdown anyway? As a rule,
>> you'll only do it once per session, and it's not like it's hard to access
>> as it is now.
>>

>  There are many things that are not done often, and the goal is that at
> the end of the day you won't do anything more than once, because the
> computer already understands the context of what you are attempting to
> initiate, and complements your gestures with the desired context
> intelligently.
>

> This is a wrong understanding of reality.
> It implies the ability an automaton to see the future.
> This is not an ability, recognized as characteristic of any known thing in
> our small corner of space-time.

interesting way of seeing it, yet if you read exactly, you will find the
word "intelligently". I don't think a toaster needs to see the future to
afford heuristics for its 3 most common use cases, and the same goes for
any machine.