Re: Clippy has noticed you've been trying to click on notifications...

> There's a risk that users who don't need that explanation will trigger it,
> when they have to interact with something that happens to be in the
> notification spot. The faded-out notifications might barely manage to be
> tolerable in such a situation, but an explanation popping up won't be.
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms

Don't you think that would be a problem once and only once for a
*few*users who trigger it wrongly? they can tell the help menu "dont
bug me
again. I know what I'm Doing"
I think such heuristic active help will be very important in helping users
migrate to ubuntu

< :P >I've put on asbestos underwear in expectation of flaming < / :P >

Alternatively,
at the risk of being repetitive, notifications could accept enough *and
just enough* input
1)to go away ("faded-out notifications might barely manage to be
tolerable")or
2)give more info : button to invoke a help dialogue (notification again)
telling the user how notifications work and *when relevant* where to look
for more info

example help:

"this is a notification, telling you some news. you can ignore it and it
will go away.
to get more information click on the <icon>mail</icon> icon on the top left
screen corner"

For some thing with no indicator/status/window (what is an example for
this?):