Re: List windows on hover

Perhaps it could show the scale preview of the windows (as currently shown on double click) when hovering for half a second.

Personally I find the window previews on Windows 7 to be too small.
They obviously felt this too as they introduced the feature where if you hover over a window preview, that window is brought to the front, but not selected. Again, it's only my opinion, but I find this feature (showing the window but not selecting it) to be very annoying, as I often hover over the window preview, and then try to click something on the window, only to have it drop back behind the currently active window.

I really like the way the window previews work on double click, large enough to distinguish from each other and easily clickable.
I would suggest the following behaviour:

1) On clicking the launcher icon, if the application does not have focus, the last active window is selected, else, the scale preview is shown 2) When hovering over the launcher icon the scale preview is shown (as with double click now)

I am aware that displaying these previews probably requires some quantity of graphics processing so I think that a half second delay on showing the scale preview would be a good idea. This would be long enough to distinguish between scanning the launcher and hovering, but not long enough to make the system feel slow.

Matt