List windows on hover

Recently I've done task in which I needed to refer to several spreadsheets
and other documents. In Unity, changing between the open documents was
quite difficult, I had to think to much to find a window and my focus was
constantly shifting from the main task.
The Launcher is quite agnostic to multiple window applications, so Unity
relies to much on the window manager for this. I found it quite inferior to
the more traditional task bar for this type of workflow. I've ended up
running another task bar(tint2) to get my work done.

When I hover an icon in the Launcher it just shows a tooltip with the
application name. I think it would be better if on hover it also listed the
window's titles, clicking on an item would bring up only the referred
window. This wouldn't affect most of the current behavior.
http://ubuntuone.com/1BAZfzHSzpHYCtfW5neY4U
http://ubuntuone.com/02CEbphUkex7mRqSdL5Yx7
I know Unity is aiming for simplicity, and is being inspired by newer OSes
like android and iOS. But the work that people need to accomplish on the
desktop is far more complex than what one does on a mobile.

regards,
Talvik

Follow ups