Re: Integrate the top bar with the launcher.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 17:25, Carl Ansell <afccarl1994@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That would require a new theme, so that the top bar, indicator menus and
> window borders all look the same.
>

> On Tue 22 Nov 2011 11:33:11 GMT, Enrico Carafa wrote:
>
>> In my opinion the top bar is too isolated from the launcher: the launcher
>> has trasparency and the top bar is all black. We should integrate it
>> better, like it results when the dash is opened.

exactly.
Everytime i open up an Indicator Menu, i notice how Unity is all
transparent except for the indicator menus.
Outch. It's like a blind spot in my eye.

So-called application windows already do a good job occupying screen real
estate with blank nothing, "grey areas", chrome and background color,
elements which have no purpose but to support the rectangular window
metaphor. Starting with Unity, it would be a great step ahead, not to
insist on rectangular shapes wherever possible, to keep one interface which
is predominantly glass-looking consistent within itself and to start
treating interactive display objects and indications independently from
what we remember as "windows".