Re: Notifications in unity

Em 29-11-2011 12:54, Matthew Paul Thomas escreveu:

Christian Rupp wrote on 15/11/11 16:06:

Currently notifications in unity are what they called:
notifications: they don't do anything else... I really like in GS
to be able to answer immediately or a friend complained that he
wants to click on the notification to open the program behind.

First of all I would move the bubble closer to the panel

That looks much nicer.

Which reminds me, shouldn't we stop pretending that synchronous
and asynchronous notifications are similar enough to deserve
being close? They are not, and the current approach causes more
problems than solves.

If we must insist that their appearance must be the same, then
the synchronous bubbles should at least be moved to somewhere
else, like the lower corner (they can be there with no problems,
since their size is fixed)

But I don't think even the appearance should be the same. In
the attached screenshot you can see what appears when I click
the play button when no player is open (I suppose it's a bug
that notify-osd is not handling this), and in my opinion is
much better.

Also, notice how much more transparent it is. It seems
significatively less clickable than OSD bubbles.