Re: unity at the bottom

Em 29-11-2011 15:45, Swapnil Bhartiya escreveu:
On 11/29/2011 05:55 PM, Christian Rupp wrote:
I know it was discussed several times, but a plug-in finally got it working:
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/11/install-ubuntu-unity-bottom-launcher.html

Should we include it in one of ubuntu next releases as a easy to
activate option

On second thoughts I believe, it's a good idea (gives some customisation to users). Once at the bottom it will be just like Apple Mac's dock. A good thing may be the option to place the launcher anywhere you want - left/right or bottom.

swapnil
I've looked the code and seen that it's another plugin for compiz. This means two completly distinct code paths (the official unityshell and the unityshell-rotated).

It would be very hard to maintain two distinct plugins in code base. If this were an option to the official plugin, the chances of being approved in the codebase would be greater. However, I don't know how complex it would be to convert this to an option.