Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:31:59 -0500
From: svelanka@xxxxxxxxx
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ayatana] Simplifying the actions icons.

Hello,

I believe the actions icons are too colourful and have way too much detail. They should be more simple, clean, utilitarian. The new software center in oneiric already uses monochrome actions icons. I know that SABDFL already said something about getting a design school involved in redoing the icons. I was wondering if there would be any support if I went ahead and redid just the actions icons? I have some experience. (islingt0ner.deviantart.com)

what I mean is would such a project be beneficial? I have actually already started work on it, but was wondering whether its worth finishing? here is what I started yesterday: http://i.imgur.com/N7CLX.png

The 'go' and 'arrows' are the headings of the name so for example go-next or arrow-left.

I would ofcourse work with any crtique, concerns. I just dont want to be one of those designers that is like, "here I made this, put it in." If there is a desire for such a project inside Ubuntu, then I want to work with people, you know?

Love & Respect & profusely apologetic if this is the wrong list,
--
Saleel