Re: Why having preferences / customizations is not a bad thing.

Hi Omar, obviously 1 size never fits all but having a
very customisable product has some MAJOR issues:

1) Having YOUR version means that you might struggle to use someone else's,
think about a share-able device, and consequentially it would also be hard
to provide assistance to others.
2) Validating design solutions to infinitive permutations is just
impossible. You can see already how hard it is to find design solutions
when the customization is limited.

On top of these objective issues, I would add that a product should have a
consistent and recognizable experience which clearly defines the vision, we
can probably call it "branded experience". Which emotions do we want the
users to feel when they user our product? As you can imagine this alone
would already exclude many of the possible permutations.

Cheers, chr