Re: No more dodge windows in Unity?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Petko <pditchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok , here's my last stand on the topic :
> (just before that - Mark, your guidance is appreciated , it's good to see
> you on the lists , despite your ,I bet, heavy schedule)
>
> Making this work in two points :
> 1. Have an obvious caption "Launcher behaviour" on the left side and a
> falling menu or a bullet point type thing (I forgot what they're called) on
> the right with the choices : "always visible" , "auto hide" , "dodge
> windows" .
> 2. Have the sidebar hide and appear if dodge is selected and there's no
> window to make it hide.
>
> That way the user will with little statistical error associate the changed
> option with the launcher . And since to choose the option you have to read
> it (again with little statistical error) , there is little chance someone
> wouldn't understand the type of behaviour.
>
> I could overview the possible ways a user encounters the option ,and gain
> some more proof , but for tl;dr reasons I'll skip that .
>
> One more thing : having three choices is a pretty standard situation , so
> that also has a minimizing effect on the choice paralysis phenomena .
>
> P.S.:
>
> On 02/09/2012 01:38 AM, Owas Lone wrote:
>>
>> I'm already loving it in Precise. I think I can live with auto-hide.
>>
> You don't have to - use MyUnity . I'm pretty sure (and I'm praying to the
> unity gods,a.k.a. the developers) that the functionality will stay . It'll
> just have to be configured with an external tool .
>
> Petko

I have CCSM and dconf-editor and I'm running daily builds, the *CODE*
which implemented intelihide was removed from trunk a few hours ago.
It's not that the option was removed, the actual implementation was
scrapped. Anyways, I think I've already stopped missing it. :)

--
Owais Lone
hello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx