Dash keyboard navigation behaviour

 This thread is closely related to those bugs :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/870404
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/893966
As far as I understood they conclude the current behaviour is good as long as it's consistent .

Now here's the problem (in my opinion ) : when searching for something when using just keyboard you expect to get the first result selected on the first press of arrow down (it's not inarguable but , that's what the common user will expect). Currently pressing arrow down once selects either the title or the "See more results >>" . My suggestion is to make the title unselectable ,so to speak, and have the "See more results>>" go at bottom of the section . IMO that's the most logical arrangement of the dash (details on the design of the newly located "See more.." button will come later , but whatever they are it's place is at bottom , in order to have good keyboard navigation) .

Petko

Follow ups