Re: On left-clicking the launcher with multiple instances running

I agree on those plans, but the are also a few other issues.

1) spread/scale needs quite some improvements, as it hasn't seen any at all since its introduction.

here you can see the problem in more detail.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/37722/hard-to-find-one-window-among-many

it has been forgotten for a while, so it still resembles the old expose from like 2006.

*some improvements to the scale would be:

-window titles on the previews

-highlight current active window

-close button on hover to easily get rid of windows that are just cluttering.

-assign each window preview a number or letter to remember for faster switching

-static position of the previews for predictability

-automatically show scale after a few seconds hover?

2) another problem is constantly invoking the spread to find and select between windows multiple times.

the above for the spread, if implemented would help, but another solution would also be to "list the windows on hover".

which was mentioned here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1qzdtw562KQJ:https://lists.launchpad.net/ayatana/msg07295.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=ubuntu

It makes the workflow faster and is a traditional solution that is available in virtually every task bar or launcher. example:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cbKmMTymZ10/TneWpVhTz3I/AAAAAAAAF_4/Z34C763PuS0/dockbarx_windowlist_theme.png

So, the launcher and switching between windows and app is usually a part that we use frequently, so not forgetting about it and making it that extra bit more accessible and comfortable to use is always welcome.