Re: Rationale for not launcher not folding on top?

I think we could re-open this question, yes. The original idea was that the area around the focused app would be unfolded, and that if possible, the folding would happen below the focused app only, but if not possible it would be OK to fold at both top and bottom. I quite liked the feel of it in one of the early releases, it got changed for good reason but perhaps it's worth re-examining.

This is not a focus for 12.04, but if a community member wants to work up a patch for testing in a PPA that would be interesting.

Mark