Re: Rationale for not launcher not folding on top?

Yes, i miss the accordion effect when the launcher gets full.

Always having to unfold and then scroll through the bottom pile of active apps, is a chore. For example totem always opens at the bottom of the pile, so if i switch back to the browser and then back to totem, i have to basically find it again in the bottom pile.. And is an app i use on demand, so you wouldnt really pin it to the launcher.

I think "active apps" (currently in use) should always be easier accessible and have higher priority than  inactive ones / shortcuts, even if they are not of frequently used and/or pinned to the launcher.

the accordion effect was innovative and centered on what you were doing so it was easier to work with more items on the launcher. It was available only when needed, so i felt the launcher was smart. It could be brought back or maybe there might be a better solution for this.