Re: The Argument for the Unity App List Pagination

I think he was referring more about dividing or filtering lots of info on screen into chunks and not necessarily using pages.

The pages was just an example, like i.e. slingshot:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AuSuCvmW27E/TzJlU5QXtgI/AAAAAAAAHqI/ZEW6AkdGLII/s1600/compiz-session-slingshot.png

A lot of things can be used to filter, not just pages, like lets say categories and other types of information that is related to what the user is looking for.

I personally agree with his arguments and maybe this is why i frequently avoid using the apps lens.

I think filters shown by default would also help the user learn to browse better and become familiar with this lens. Most people dont even know which apps they have installed anymore or which come by default, except the handful of ones they see on the launcher. I myself even forgotten some apps i had.

Many people still prefer gnome classic and other DEs because of the categories, if they can avoid typing they usually will. If i know exactly where something is in my computer i usually go directly to it, instead of having to search for it everytime. Search is important, but it implies you dont know where something is,  muscle memory on the other hand is faster and thought-free/automatic. In the real world is how humans know where things are, be either in your bedroom or kitchen or fridge. We organize things, know where they are and go directly to them. Only when something is lost and out of place, is time to search.

Can the apps lens be improved ? i think so.