Re: Mouse-way to display a spread view of windows?

On 02/17/2012 03:19 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
It just dawned on me that we have no mouse-way of displaying a spread view of windows, like super+w. Middle-clicking the Ubuntu button currently does nothing. Perhaps it could be used to display the spread view? This would sort of correspond to clicking on an already focused application with more than one window. Instead of displaying all Firefox windows, for instance, it would display all windows in Ubuntu – meaning every open window. It may not be entirely obvious, but it does somehow make sense, doesn't it? :)

Or what about making the workspace switcher a dual-action button with a left click being used to display a spread of windows and right click being used to access the workspace switcher?

The point is that I would really like to have a mouse-way of displaying a spread view of windows, but I don't think I'd like to add another launcher entry just for that.

Just a few thoughts.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

I like that idea. GNOME Shell has this, Windows Vista/7 has this feature, and OSX has this feature. That was what I was just thinking: why not implement this into Unity? Thanks!

---Ryan