Re: Gnome Panel Creates Window Offsetting

I agree, surely want this resolved. I dont get used to this dis-alignment.

also a correction: the panel is not gnome-panel, is part of unity and they are directly in charge of its dev so they can make it look or act however they want.

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:21:09 -0500
From: webpope@xxxxxxxxx
To: unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Unity-design] Gnome Panel Creates Window Offsetting

If a user prefers to have their unity bar fixed (not set to autohide) then the close, minimize, and maximize buttons are offset to the left.  It disjoints the experience.  Why not have the Unity Bar take preference before the gnome panel.  Users with a fixed bar will not be forced to deal with the offset and users with an autohide bar will have the gnome panel expand to fill the space left by the, now hidden, unity bar.

Has this been taken into account?  I think I read somewhere that the bar will be fixed by default now.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/K4Z0L.png